WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE A RUCK STAR?
Ronald Tortola is an endurance junkie and MudGear's resident Ruck Star. Along with completing multiple obstacle course races and endurance events including Spartan Race and World's Toughest Mudder, Ronald has earned finisher patches from GORUCK Pre Selection and Team Assessment along with two completion skulls 💀💀 from the infamous Death Race.
WE ASKED RONALD TO WALK US THROUGH ONE OF HIS TYPICAL TRAINING SESSIONS. Here's what happened.
Let's break this down again:
- LOOP 1 = 1/4 mile run/jog wearing 30 lbs. ruck
- MOVEMENT 1 = 10 Cleans with 40 lbs. sandbag while wearing 30 lbs. ruck
- LOOP 2 = 1/4 mile run/jog with 40 lbs. sandbag + 30 lbs. ruck
- MOVEMENT 2 = 10 Over-Shoulder Presses w/ 60 lbs. sandbag + 30 lbs. ruck
- LOOP 3 = 1/4 mile run/jog with 60 lbs. sandbag + 30 lbs. ruck
- MOVEMENT 3 = 10 reverse lunges w/ 80 lbs. sandbag + 30 lbs. ruck
- LOOP 4 = 1/4 mile run/jog with 80 lbs. sandbag + 30 lbs. ruck
Here's the kicker. This is just ROUND 1. Ronald repeats this routine for several rounds over a number of hours. He knows that endurance events like GORUCK Selection are designed to push participants beyond the point of exhaustion. So, he's preparing his mind and body for any beatdown they might throw at him. That's the price of being a Ruck Star!
Want more? Learn some of Ronald's favorite ruck and sandbag movements.
Follow Ronald Tortola at https://www.instagram.com/ronaldtortola/.